Fear not fellow Sydneysiders.
All you need to do is go to the Consulate General of Brazil website and download a tourist visa checklist. Make sure you satisfy all the relevant criteria which includes:
- completing the online application
- print the online application receipt
- 3cm x 4cm recent photo of yourself
- Australian Passport (min. valididity of 6 months)
- copy of your itinerary/flight details
- signed overland certificate
- recent bank statement showing your full name, current address & a decent amount just to show the authorities that you’ll be spending some hard earned moolah during your stay (HA!)
- depending where you’ll be before you enter Brazil, get your Yellow Fever vaccination from your nearest international travel doctor or GP
And if you’re like us who work full-time, take time off work to personally deliver/lodge your application to the Consulate’s Sydney office between 9am – 1pm (AEST).
The fee is $49.00 AUD to be paid via Australia Post money order which has an additional fee of $7.95 AUD.
We’ll be lodging our application tomorrow so wish us luck *cross fingers*
On another note, Sydney is currently basking in 32C degree weather today. We will definitely miss this!