Fine dining and a panoramic views of Sydney – what more could you want?
To be honest, this is not a type of restaurant I would normally choose. However, it was yet another reward for meeting sales targets at my job. I decided to take hubby here for our three year wedding anniversary back in October.
Again if I’m being honest, the food was quite average. A couple of standout dishes and all were plated nicely. But the beautiful view more than made up for the shortfall.
Why you should dig in
- Uninterrupted panoramic views of Sydney, Sydney Harbour, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, The Rocks…and everything Sydney
- Meet and swap travel tales with the professional wait staff who have come from all over the world
- Enjoy pre-dinner cocktails and oysters at Blu Bar next door – an exclusive cocktail lounge. Get there when they open their doors at 5pm to secure a window seat, otherwise a slight wait depending on the night
- Located on the 36th floor of Shangri-La Hotel in the historic The Rocks area
- Altitude Restaurant has been awarded One Hat by the Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide 2011, the Chef’s Hat by the Australian Good Food and Travel Guide in 2012, Three Hats by the Gault&Millau Sydney Restaurant Guide and Best Restaurant at the Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA) National Awards for Excellence in 2013
Unfortunately, Altitude’s menu have since changed so I’m unable to list what we ate that evening. However, enjoy the photos!
Altitude Restaurant / Blu Bar On 36
Level 36/176 Cumberland Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
Ph: +61 (2) 9250 6123
(DISCLAIMER: This is not a paid review. Review is based on my opinion only)