Thank you to blogger Jennifer Knowlton of The Loving Llama for putting me in the mix for the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA).
There are so many talented and awesome bloggers out there and I feel grateful to be part of this blogger award category. If you haven’t already, go check out her blog and tell her I sent you.
As a newbie (travel) blogger, it can sometimes be difficult to stand out from the pack of well known, well established blogs. Sometimes a comment, like, reblog or a simple visit can make all the difference. Just knowing that you are reaching and inspiring someone somewhere is a reward in itself. So today, I will be mixing it up a bit and focus mainly on newbie bloggers as well as longtime followers who I’ve come across in the last few months who have inspired me in various ways.
But first, here are the VBA rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. (Tick)
- Include a link to their blog. (Tick)
- Nominate 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Link your nominees’ blog and tell them 7 things about yourself.
There is actually a dedicated WordPress blog specifically for this award so go check it out here.
Ok, now for the boring stuff.
7 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I don’t eat anything ending with -erries such as blueberries, raspberries, etc. Reminds me of medicine. I don’t have a problem with strawberries though which is weird.
2. I’m a closet reality TV fan – particularly ones with lots of scripted drama.
3. If you can’t already tell by my blog theme, I love to travel – when I can, where I can and when budget permits. I think travel is the best education anyone could ever have and I wish I could’ve started my ‘travelling degree’ sooner. The best part is that you don’t have to cross international waters to travel – you can do it in your own country or hometown.
4. Love learning new languages, even if it’s a handful of useful phrases.
5. I’m slightly germaphobic – I like to wash my hands at every chance I get, as often as possible and I don’t leave home unless I have a hand sanitiser or anti-bacterial wipes in my bag.
6. I tend to recall random
fun useless facts which would get triggered by something totally unrelated.
7. I love people-watching. Not in a creepy, stalking way but more of a I-want-to-know-what-they’re-thinking-and-what-they-do-for-a-living way. I get curious about people, where they’re from, their thoughts on everything and what makes them tick.
Now for the best part.
THE NOMINEES FOR VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD ARE:
I found it quite difficult to narrow it down to 15. There are no bad blogs out there and everyone’s blogs are different. If I didn’t include you on the list this ’round, here’s to the next one.
Have you ever been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award or other blog awards? Share your experience below.