Thank you Jonathan ‘Jon’ Rummel of BarefootGlobal who has kindly nominated this blog for the Liebster Award.
A knack for participating in
getting himself into quirky activities and documenting them, Jon’s blog will take you to Japan, South Korea, Australia, Slovenia, Italy…and he’s still going! If you want a unique – sometimes, hilarious – take on travelling the globe, check out his blog. Tell him I sent you and he will sure give you a virtual hug.
Like many blog awards, the rules have changed overtime. It will be difficult to find a blogger with less than 200 followers, so what I’ve decided is nominate a mix of bloggers. After all, this award is supposed to be about discovering new blogs/bloggers, regardless of the number of followers.
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have X (or less than 200) followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Mr Barefoot Global has asked me the following:
1. Why do you blog? – At first it was so that I can have a place to remember my travels. Then it turns out, I found myself wanting to help people find their inner wanderlust. It’s inside everyone and perhaps they just need some inspiration to search for it. I don’t believe in the “tourist vs traveller” label because travelling in itself is a gift and a privilege. Not many people are lucky enough to see all/parts of the world. I wanted to share travel tips regardless of whether I experienced a country/city in a month or a few hours. Someone somewhere is looking for answers.
2. What is your favorite colour? – Pink, rose gold and copper are equal number one.
3. Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why? – Tough one. I would say probably 7 Lifestyle Changes I Made To Save Money For Travel. This has inspired a lot of people and given them a starting point to save money for travel or whatever goal they have.
4. What is your favorite musician/band? – I don’t have a particular band, but music-wise I like everything. I’m one of those weird people who’s choice of music is governed by my mood.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? – Around the world and back.
6. If you could be any fictional character, who would it be and why? – I have to skip this one. Never really thought about this.
7. What is your favorite movie and why? – This is going to sound really lame, but it’s called Only You. That movie made me want to go to Italy.
8. What are three things you want to do before you die? – Complete my bucketlist. There’s more than three things there.
9. What advice would you give a child right now? – Don’t be part of the give-me-now generation.
10. Do you like Shakespeare? – I don’t mind it, but I don’t actively read it either.
11. What is your strongest personality trait? – I’ve been told that I have an easy going personality and that I’m approachable.
This will have a travel theme, hence the choice of nominees and the type of questions.
11 Nominees, 11 More Blogs To Follow
11 Questions for the 11 Nominees
- Apart from travel tales, what else can we read about on your blog?
- Your most memorable travel story so far
- What made you/got you travelling in the first place?
- How many countries, continents and cities have you set foot in?
- What’s the longest time you’ve been away from home?
- What’s the one souvenir you just had to have?
- Have you ever lost your luggage/backpack? When? Where?
- What are 5 items you always take with you travelling?
- Are you an over packer or under packer?
- What type of camera (model, brand) do you take with you when travelling?
- If given the chance, where would you like to settle?